According to Voltaire;
“Writing is the painting of voice”
Well said! So does what creative writing is about, the painting of such a voice that directly the lands into reader’s mind and leave an everlasting impression. You might have read thousands of – how to – posts on good writing techniques, but have you read about creative writing skills? Are you interested in learning something about creative writing, its techniques, and tips?, If yes, then this piece of writing can be of great help to you.
First, let’s have a look at what creative writing is about?
What is Creative Writing?
The creative writing is nothing more than filling a blank page with some delightful words which someone else wants to read. The creative writing is a powerful tool to tell a story, it helps in social and individual growth, and is one of the most important skills we could ever learn.
Creative writing includes anything that is not academic or technical. It can be a poem, prose, a short story, or narrative fiction.
If you’re willing to write a creative essay or story, then you’ll need to know the useful techniques that can help you structure the essay.
Creative Writing Techniques to Structure Essay
- Choose a subject – The very first thing that is required for creative writing is choose a subject which you and your readers find interesting. It should not be any specific subject your readers are already familiar with, but something very different they haven’t read before.
- Research the background – To plan the story, it”s vital to research the background first, whether you’re going to write an essay, story, poem, or anything like that. Take a time, and think about your topic from different perspectives, pen down all your thoughts, list down everything, then decide what you want in your essay.
- Plan your essay – Remember 4 why questions? What, when, where, and who? These 4 wh questions will help you formatting the structure of your essay, as well as to add content in the story.
- Now write your essay – Use your outline plan to write your essay. Start with the introduction. In your introduction create the scenario and mention time, place, and background to grab your reader’s attention and make them curious to know what happen next?
- Develop the Plot of Essay – Break up the story into paragraphs if its a long story. Explore single idea in each paragraph, develop a story in a smooth and fluent way, and flow from one paragraph to another
- Create a story Flow – The best way to create a flow in the story is with the help of transition words such as; yet, and, but, however, also, therefore, and so on. They are useful and help in moving one idea to another. Transitions are usually used in the middle of a sentence, but they can also be used in a beginning to emphasize the point.
- Wrap up the story – Wrap up your story with the conclusion, the conclusion is where whole plot comes together. Do not rush the ending, but leave a strong impression in the reader’s mind. Lastly, check it thoroughly and proofread completely to remove all grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. Remove those points that are not necessary, and think how the reader will find it.
Look at Story Insight
When it comes to writing the inner context in any piece of writing, then what comes at the top of a list is language basics. Before start writing, first, decide whether you are going to use American English or British English.
Usually, American readers get confused with British English, and British find it difficult to understand the use of Americanisation. Then comes another crucial criteria – use of flawless grammar, tone, and vocabulary collection.
Let’s have a quick glance at the following creative writing tips.
Creative Writing Tips
- Use sentence structure and word choices that suit the purpose of your writing
- The way we speak invariably differs with the way we write, so it”s important to catch those words that sound natural.
- Capturing the spoken word in fiction is quite challenging when it comes to writing; therefore it”s important for writers to listen to their chosen words first.
- The good piece of writing should capture the natural flow of speech
- If you”re writing a prompt, then keep your sentences short and simple